Monday, August 27, 2012

No excuses

One of the slogans I’ve mentioned before that I’d like to hear is “When we import oil, we export jobs.” And, please, don’t give me any of the, “we can’t do that because of the carbon footprint” nonsense. Even if you believe in anthropogenic, global warming due to carbon emissions, if we use our own oil, it will not cause more global carbon emissions but less. I will leave the proof of that as an exercise to the reader.

However, there is another important slogan I would like to hear from Mitt Romney, and, if he were to utter it, I think it would result in a wider victory than would otherwise be possible. Romney has on his web site, “Americans deserve more jobs and more take-home pay.” That’s fine as far as it goes, but what I want to hear is,

“Americans deserve more jobs and more take-home pay. Give me four years, and if I don’t produce that, I will not run for re-election, no excuses. Yes, there will be Democrats in congress. Yes, there will be unforeseen difficulties. Yes, I will not get my way in everything. None of that matters. My promise to you is that I will increase the take-home pay of all levels of American society or I will not run again. No excuses. I promise a brighter tomorrow, no excuses.”

We have seen the largest destruction of wealth since the Great Depression. While the average person does not know the numbers, they feel it, they believe it. People still dream of an America where each generation will do better than the last. That is in real jeopardy.

Obama has been an unmitigated disaster, and again, people feel that. But the one thing that Obama makes more than anything else is excuses. The favorite has been, and still is, “Blame Bush!” But that is never enough. Things were worse then he expected. Unexpected things happened and on and on. Things are never his fault! Although he has played more golf than both Bush Presidents and he attended more campaign fundraisers than all Presidents since Richard Nixon combined before he officially announced his re-election and REALLY got started, he is working tirelessly for us. I don’t believe he is working overtime for us and I would not care even if it were true. I don’t care if he has had good intentions. I believe in results. Obama has not delivered. If he thinks that he has delivered, I don’t want what he’s selling.

So, Mitt, you want our votes? Double down with a double promise: Not only promise us what you will do for us, promise us what the consequences for you will be if you fail. And, no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment